Saturday, June 13, 2015

Meet The Garlic Goddess

Hi, 

I am Gypsy Rose Colgan Mangan, Gypsy for short unless my mom gets mad at me then it's just GYPS, and then I know I'm in trouble. Of course, I knew I WOULD be when I ate the couch and the blue tooth, and a new pair of shoes. She sure was mad, but she forgived me; she always does. 

When my mom started researching the idea of a garlic farm it's all she talked about. She was so excited about returning to the land and farming and retiring (I think so she could spend more time with me) that her friends nicknamed her The Garlic Goddess. But she's a bit too modest to be referred to as a "Goddess"; ME? not so much, so she gave me the title. 

I'm really not a Goddess though, well, maybe I am kinda. I take good care of my mom (because she 'dopted me into her heart when no one wanted me) so I help her out as much as I can. One of my jobs is to keep vermin out of our garlic, and I would if I ever saw any, but I love everyone and everything so I never see anything called a "vermin."

Our garlic is growing tall and fast. I go to the garlic garden with my mom every day and I patrol the perimeter. Today we noticed that the wind (or maybe it was a tornado) blew through here and uprooted a great big huge tree. Thankfully, it left our garlic alone. I would hate to have to chase the wind, but I will if it ever threatens our garlic.

I often have to give my mom lessons about life. She always says, "There are no words!" and that's when I know I've made my point. I'm really smart and as time goes on, I will share some of the lessons I teach my mom; she calls them Gypsyisms! 

Until then, I will be busy in the garlic garden, playing with "vermin" and chasing the wind. I hope you stop by to see me here from time to time!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment